Monday, June 7, 2010

Super Saving Sisters Challenge: Week 1

So I finally got my sister on the CVS bandwagon the end of last week & in her initial excitement she challenged me to a couponing duel on facebook, to which my response was "bring it." Anyone who knows me well knows that I have quite the compeitive streak when challenged.

Below is a summary of my Week 1 CVS trip at lunch today. It went down something like this...

Transaction #1
Bought:
1 John Frieda Clear Hair Luminous Color Glaze $8.00 (on sale from 9.99)
1 John Frieda Sheer Blonde Shampoo $5.00 (on sale from 6.99)

Used:
1 $2.50 off any JF product coupon
1 $2.00 off any JF product coupon (was attached to the glaze at time of purchase)

Total Due $8.50 out of pocket (saved $8.48 off regular price)
Got back $3 Extra Care Bucks for spending $15 on JF products
Plus
Got back $1 ECB for 6th use of Green Bag Tag
AND
$5 off $15 purchase coupon!!!!!

Transaction #2
Bought:
6 Dove Deodorants @ $2.50 each (reg. $3.49 each)

Used:
$5 off $15 purchase
(2) $3 off 2 Dove Deodorant coupons
(2) $2 off Dove Deodorant coupons

Total Due NOTHING.
I literally paid $.70 in tax & walked away with six free deodorants. (saved $20.94)
Now THAT smells good!
Got Back $5 ECBs for spending $15 on Dove Products

Transaction #3
Bought:
2 Coppertone Sunscreen Continuous Sprays @ $10.49 each

Used:
1 $2 off Coppertone Coupon
1 $1 off Coppertone Coupon
$5 ECBs from Dove purchase
$1 ECB from above for Green Bag Tag
$3 ECBs from JF purchase

Total Due $8.98 (saved $12.00)
Got back $10 ECBs for buying 2 Coppertone products




GRAND TOTALS:
Regular Prices (before sales, ECBs & coupons) $58.90
Total Out of Pocket expense (pre-tax) $17.48 - $10 ECBs credit = $7.48

That's a savings of 88% - beat that, sista. And I'm pretty sure that after I complete Extreme Couponing 101 on Saturday, I will be a savings Jedi!

3 comments:

  1. I'm trying to talk Jack into letting me go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Um. You are welcome to do all of my grocery shopping from now on. I'm just saying...

    Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog